Employed by Western Sugar Cooperative
School: LHS band, NWC
• My favorite memory from my school music career is: Any one of the many long practices and rehearsals where the majority of the work went into getting 30 seconds of music exactly right, 30 seconds out of an hour piece, over and over and over!
• What I learned from school music which has helped me most in life is: How to work effectively with not only a large group of people, but also one on one to achieve a common goal.
• How I use what I’ve experienced in school music in my career: It’s all in the details.
• I am active in music in the following ways:I have played with various community wind and brass bands in the area including Alte Cameraden, Yellowstone Big Band, Mustang Band, NWC Orchestra, NWC Trombone Choir, Buffalo Bill Band.
• Other comments: Music is so much more than ‘notes.’ It’s an alternative way of communicating an idea or emotion.