Early morning fire burns shop

An early morning fire claimed a shop on the edge of Deaver Tuesday.

Alert reader Jennifer Gould sent this photo of a shop fire in Deaver early Tuesday morning. The fire consumed a shop owned by Jim Fuller and was a total loss. Courtesy photo

Alert reader Jennifer Gould sent this photo of a shop fire in Deaver early Tuesday morning. The fire consumed a shop owned by Jim Fuller and was a total loss.
Courtesy photo

Deaver-Frannie Volunteer Fire Dept. Assistant Chief Nick Loftus said firemen were called to 160 Lane 8 on the east edge of Deaver at 7:31 a.m. to tackle a blaze in a shop owned by Jim Fuller. The fire was fully involved when firemen reached the shop, and it was a total loss, Loftus said.

Firemen had not established a cause of the fire by press time, he said.

Lost in the fire were tools, an air compressor, a small tractor and a propane tank, which exploded, Loftus noted. Fire and smoke could be seen from a wide area.

Fuller was able to save some rabbits he had in the shop.

The fire scene was cleared at 9:46 a.m., Loftus said. He added that he appreciates the Lovell Volunteer Fire Dept. for assisting at the scene.

“They are always a huge help,” Loftus said.

by David Peck

Comments are closed.